Rules of Conduct
The ethical principles of our company:
- Respect the law
- Observe local customs
- Take care of safety and health
- Protect the environment
- Respect fundamental human rights
- Apply sound business practices
- Deal responsibly with governments and political regimes
- Choose respectable business partners
- Observe responsible labour policies
- Serve vital community interests
- Maintain full accountability
SF&DS describes its rules of conduct, the ethical principles that form the basis for the business conduct of all units of the company and all its employees. In its efforts to achieve quality in every respect, SF&DS focuses not only on its business commitments but also on its responsibilities towards the community at large.
SF&DS wishes to be clear about its strategy and the direction it follows in implementing it, but also about standards and values. Due partly to the fact that these business standards and values have been made more explicit and stringent, SF&DS regards it as important to summarize its rules of business conduct in a way that is clear, easy to understand and as concise as possible.
The rules of conduct have been defined as clearly as possible, so that the responsibility for their observation can be shared by each individual employee of SF&DS. Despite the clear formulation, situations will undoubtedly arise within the dynamics of everyday business for which the rules described here do not give the appropriate answer, or in which they leave room for interpretation. In these situations, two things should be borne in mind:
- If for whatever reason the literal observation of the rules does not offer a solution, the spirit of the rules and the interests of the company should be the primary considerations in the choice of the action to be taken.
- If there is any doubt about how to act or behave, it is absolutely essential before taking any action to first discuss the relevant issues with colleagues from higher SF&DS management.
In this way, SF&DS - in the interests of customers, shareholders, suppliers and employees – will remain, as it is now, a company that always acts with care and integrity.
Board of Management, SF&DS, Amsterdam, June 2011